Terms & Conditions
- Reservations made in person with Baumhaus Serviced Apartments (hereinafter referred to as Baumhaus) must be guaranteed with a credit card, indicating the name of the holder, card number, expiration date and security number (three-digit code on the back of the card).
- These data will be retained up to 7 days after check-out.
- Baumhaus is not equipped for guests with reduced mobility, due to the existence of stairs to access the apartments.
- The apartments are prepared for double occupancy (for 2 people), with at least one of them being 18 years old or more, who will be responsible and supervisor of minors at all times of their stay.
- All requests for additional occupancy must be made at the time of booking (for apartments that allow it) or later in writing (subject to availability).
- For children under 2 years old a cot will be available, subject to prior request.
- Apartment that does not allow placement of a cot: Paula
- For children over 3 years old or adults in additional occupancy the cost will be € 50 / night.
- In no case can the maximum number of occupants allowed in each apartment be exceeded.
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT
- Baumhaus does not have a reception permanently operational, therefore the estimated arrival time must be communicated at least 24 hours in advance.
- Check-in before 15h can be done in case of availability of the apartment, free of charge.
- Check-in after 00:00 is only available for guests arriving on a late flight. In this case, the flight number and estimated time of arrival must be communicated in advance to organize the team and possible changes due to flight delays.
- In order to comply with the legal provisions for registration of foreigners and for security reasons, we will record at the time of check-in the details of all occupants of the apartments (including minors), so all guests must present an identification document with photo. Alternatively, it is possible to complete the form previously sent by email, as long as it is legible.
- The apartments must be vacated by 12h on the day of departure. Late check-out until 14h can be offered upon availability and prior request. If this is not the case, we reserve the right to charge 50% of the price of one night. If the apartment is vacated only after 14h, the total price of one night or the next guest's re-accommodation price (if applicable) will be charged.
- The apartment keys must be handed over at the reception or left on the apartment table.
- Baumhaus will charge all “non-refundable” reservations as soon as they are received.
- For “flexible” reservations, the credit card presented in the reservation will be pre-authorized 5 days before the guest's arrival. However, payment of the reservation amount is made in person at the time of check-in .
- Payment can be made in cash, by credit or debit card.
- In the event of a no-show, in the event of damage or theft, or in which some amount remains to be paid, the respective amounts may be charged to the credit card indicated on the reservation, according to the invoice to be sent to the guest by email.
- In case of extra services during the stay, these must be paid until the time of check-out .
- Payments by Paypal will only be accepted in the case of “non-refundable” reservations made through our website, the amount being immediately transferred to our account.
- At the time of check-in and in cash, the Municipal Tourist Tax, amounting to € 2 per night, will be charged to all guests over the age of 13.
- Only credit cards from the cardholder will be accepted. If the cardholder is not present, proof of authorization must be granted at the time of payment.
- We do not accept other currencies or bank checks as a form of payment.
- All reservations include changing towels every 3 days (for stays of 5 nights or more) and changing sheets every 4 days (for stays of 7 nights or more). Any changes to this periodicity must be requested in advance and are subject to confirmation.
- An iron and ironing board can be made available in the apartment, as long as previously requested.
- The Baumhaus team must be contacted immediately in case of electrical, mechanical, plumbing or other problems, and will make every effort to resolve these in a timely manner. Access to the apartment must be facilitated by the guest for urgent or necessary repairs. The guest will not be able to claim any compensation or price changes due to these cases, but will be able to request rehousing in another Baumhaus apartment (subject to availability).
- Any special requests must be made via email or WhatsApp before the stay. Confirmation and any additional costs will be sent via the same route.
- “Non-refundable” reservations are not subject to cancellation, and any changes will be possible only in cases of force majeure, including travel limitations to or within Portugal, due to COVID-19 or any other pandemics or causes beyond our control. In these cases, the changes will only be accepted for an amount equal to or greater than the value of the original reservation, with no refund.
- Requests for cancellation and changes (subject to availability) of “flexible” reservations must be made in writing. If this request is made up to 3 day before the scheduled arrival date, no penalty will be charged.
- the value of euqal to the first night will be charged if the cancellation / changes are made less than 3 days before the expected arrival date.
- 100% of the total reservation amount will be charged in case of no-show .
- In case of premature departure, the guest will not be entitled to any refund.
- If in cases of force majeure the reservation is canceled by Baumhaus, as long as the cause of the cancellation does not come from the respective guest, the guest will have a full refund of the payments made. From that moment on, Baumhaus will no longer have responsibilities to the guest, resulting from such cancellation.
- To ensure the rest of our guests, noisy behavior will not be accepted between 22h and 8h. If this occurs, we reserve the right to refuse accommodation or any other services, as well as to request the guest's departure. In this case, Baumhaus will have no obligation to reimburse the guest for lost accommodation, services or any other loss or expense incurred therefrom.
- Baumhaus is not available for stag or hen parties. If the guest wants to organize an event or a photo session, he / she should contact the Baumhaus in advance to discuss specific terms and conditions.
- Guests will be able to receive friends and family between 9h and 20h, after which only registered guests are allowed to enter.
- It is strictly forbidden to use any of the objects or utensils available in the apartments outside the Baumhaus.
- Guests must take all necessary precautions to prevent theft within the Baumhaus. It is advisable to check all doors and windows before leaving the apartment. For your own safety, please pay special attention to the front door and make sure it is closed.
- To avoid accidental activation of the fire alarms installed in the apartments, it is recommended to use the hood installed above the glass ceramic hob when using it, and it is strictly forbidden to use objects that cause smoke (candles, incense, lighters, ...).
- Guests wishing to use the garden BBQ should inform the Baumhaus team. This must be used only with charcoal, which can be purchased or created using the adjacent outdoor oven and the wood made available for this purpose. The BBQ and oven should never be left unattended while they are lit.
- In order to prevent accidents that could endanger the health of yourself and other guests, we ask that you take into account the basic safety rules.
- Guests can use the Wi-Fi service free of charge, however Baumhaus is not responsible for any loss of service in the equipment.
- Guests are solely responsible for all damages caused to the apartments or common areas of the building by themselves or their guests or any other persons who enter the building due to the negligent behavior of the guest.
- For guests with a car, it is essential not to leave valuables inside the vehicle. We are not responsible for any damage or theft in the vehicles of guests parked in places adjacent to Baumhaus or parked in the parking lots recommended by the Baumhaus (in this case the vehicles are subject to the regulations of the park in question).
- The entry and stay of animals on Baumhaus premises is prohibited.
- Baumhaus has a non-smoking policy, so it is strictly forbidden to smoke in the apartments or in the common area of the building. Smoking is only allowed in the common outdoor areas (terrace and garden) and in the outdoor areas of the apartments that have them (terraces and balconies).
- Under no circumstances can the apartments be rented or made available to third parties.
- It is not permitted to use the apartments for any purpose that is illegal or to be in possession of weapons or any illicit goods.
In the event of a dispute, the consumer may resort to the following Alternative Dispute Resolution Entity:
Porto Consumer and Arbitration Information Center
Rua Damião de Góis, 31 - Shop 6 - 4050-225 Porto
Tel .: 225 508 349/225 029 791 / Fax: 225 026 109
Law No. 144/2015, of September 8
- Check in time 3:00 PM
- Check out time 12:00 PM
- Children age 2
- Pets not allowed
Privacy and Cookies